Thursday, June 10, 2010

THE EVENING WALK

As the sun is setting,
The birds are chirping,                 
The sky graying
The shadows are appearing,
 I go walking, walking ,walking.



Recently I decided to go for evening walk to a near by park. Sliding into track pants and walking shoes, I would go regularly for the same. There is a skating ring in the park .On Monday to Friday at a designated time a skating instructor would come and Instruct his young students the skills of roller skating. His students are young boys and girls accompanied by their mothers. The Mothers of the student take a walk in the circular trail of the park as their ward are skating. As I am also on the circular trail, I observed that most of the people are walking in anti – clockwise direction while some very few others like me are walking in clockwise direction. As I move on the trail. I meet the same people again and almost every day it is a habit. There is one short lady talking to someone on her cell phone headphones attached to her ears, there are a group of old ladies walking and chatting away to glory. A regular , old man who is swaying as he is walking. There is a woman who drives to the park which her little daughter her nanny, a goody bag for her toddler and a tricycle. A group of boys play cricket. Some children from the nearby slums come and sway on the branches of the trees. The beat constable is busy looking for any suspicious characters.
However, the weekends are dull as the skating instructor has an off, so his students and guardian do not come.
As I move around the trail, I feel clam and de stressed. Evening walk has become a habit.
This is a scenic description of my evening walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment