Monday, May 24, 2010

DARK CLOUDY EVENING

TRAVELLING IN DELHI’S AUTORICKSHAW GIVES ME NIGHTMARES. THEY OVER CHARGE THE FARE OR REFUSE TO GO TO A GIVEN DESTINATION.

THIS INCIDENT HAS CHANGED MY OUTLOOK TOWARDS THEM.


No one can tell me,
Nobody knows,

Where the thunder and lightening comes from
And where they go.



One particular evening I was returning, from N.C.E.R.T building, after attending a seminar. Suddenly the weather GOD played havoc. As I was coming out of the building, I saw that the long pathway to the main road was filled with puddles of water. Some trees were also lying uprooted. Calling for any of my family members would have been time consuming as the road, I thought would be jammed with vehicles by now. As soon as I reached the main road. I tried to look for some mode of public transport. All the buses were packed and were not going directly to my destination (house). It was getting very dark now although it was 6’o clock in the evening, the dark clouds had blocked the sunlight. Then suddenly from nowhere an auto rickshaw stopped in front of me. The driver inquired my destination and I told him so. He was very happy to drive me to my destination at nominal charges. I was little suspicious as he was very friendly and helpful.



After traveling 2 to 3 km., the auto was stuck in some puddle. The auto wala told me to sit inside, as it was raining very hard now. He went out and pushed the auto out of the puddle by now he was completely drenched. To add sorrow to our misery a blue line bus, overtook my auto, the water on the road splashed on the auto shaking it very hard. I was very nervous by now. However, I put up a brave front. The auto wala again stopped the vehicle and started pushing it for half a kilometer , on enquiring he told be to sit inside as he cannot start the engine because the road is filled with water and the water might get into it and we would be stranded. The auto wala told me that I should not worry and that he would ensure that I would reach home safely I was touched by his attitude. The 10 km drive to my house took two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment