Wednesday, May 26, 2010

THE LONG CAR

I do not remember when this particular incident happened; it may have been few years ago. At that time I was using local bus or auto, as mode of transportation. I used to prefer a bus because bus being higher than an auto, the levels of oxygen supply to my lungs was far better in a bus, moreover it didn't make my pocket lighter. One fine day one of my friends 'A' invited me and another friend 'B' to her new office. After spending a nice afternoon with them, my friend A, being very generous told us that her official car could drive her two friends to a common destination. Since my friend 'B' and I had to go very far, both of us happily agreed.


After thanking and saying good bye to our friend 'A', My friend 'B' and I sat in the long car (am very poor at recognizing cars) and started chit chatting. However, suddenly I started feeling claustrophobic and giddy. The air conditioner of the car was working properly but I felt that I was not able to breathe. I wanted to get out the car and hop into my regular transport i.e. bus. I did not tell my friend 'B' about my misery. At last, I reached my bus stop, I jumped out car, I completed rest of my journey in the bus and I was able to breathe again.

As soon as I reached home my friend, 'B' phoned me to ask me about my strange look in the car. I complained to her about my being claustrophobic in the Long Car. My friend exclaimed and said that the Long Car was a Merc.

No comments:

Post a Comment