Thursday, May 20, 2010

WALKING DOWN THE MEMORY LANE

WALKING DOWN THE MEMORY LANE…………
As one enters the school campus one can see a banyan tree, it seems it was always there.
In the year 1976, in class nursery A was my first day in school was made comfortable by Ma’am Uma. My father told me that the name of my school is Carmel Convent. I was very happy to be in my new school. I thought the building was huge & must be touching the sky.


During the year 1980-81, our school auditorium was being built. Students would try to enter the built up area but were forbidden to do so by watchful eyes of our teachers.


In the year 1982, I was in class five, the year our school celebrated its silver jubilee. To mark this occasion students performed a play based on the life of our school founder Mother Veronica. Thus I saw many progressive changes in our school.


Adieu! The day of our school farewell, we lit up the school campus with candle lights. That was in year 1990.

April 1999, I got an opportunity, to teach in my very own school Carmel. Initially I was a bit hesitant to join because the idea of having my very own teachers as colleagues was very disturbing. But finally I joined as a teaching staff. It was a heart warming experience. My very own teachers helped me as colleagues.

I think I am one of the lucky few to work for the same school where one has been a student too.

No comments:

Post a Comment